3 Year Fixed Rate Mortgage Deals
Three year fixed rate mortgages offer a compromise between a short-term deal like a 2 year fix, and a longer-term fix for 5 or 10 years, or even the life of the mortgage. This allows you to take advantage of fixed payments without worrying about interest rates rising, but means you can switch to a cheaper deal if interest rates fall by the time your mortgage deal comes to an end. If fixed payments are what you're looking for, making it easier to budget and plan your finances, compare the three year fixed rate mortgage deals in the table, or click on the link to get quotes from across the market.
3 year fixed rate mortgages are among some of the more popular types of interest deals that are available to customers. There are a variety of different banks and mortgage providers that will offer similar and contrasting mortgage policies, and it is therefore recommended to research different mortgage deals that are available.
Generally speaking, these types of mortgages are regarding as a relatively safe and secure option for borrowers, as their interest rates will be guaranteed to remain the same for the duration of the agreement.
Apart from a 3 year fixed rate mortgage agreement, there may also be several other types of agreement available to customers. Including 2 year, 4 year, and 5 year fixed rate agreements.
Despite the undoubted financial security that may be offered by a 3 year fixed rate mortgage, it should be remembered that lenders may charge slightly higher interest rates compared to other types of agreement in order to compensate for these fixed interest premiums.
- Customers will remain protected from any spikes in interest rates for the duration of the agreement, affording them some significant peace of mind
- Savvy customers who can predict the market may be able to avoid any future increases and save themselves a great deal of money on their mortgage
- Generally speaking, the longer the term is for a fixed rate deal, the higher the average interest rate will be
- If interest rates do fall below their agreed rate during this period, customers will obviously miss out on lower payments
- Mortgage providers may require customers to pay a charge or fee for arranging this type of deal
If you are searching for a suitable 3 year fixed rate mortgage, you may wish to see our mortgage comparisons table for information on the various offers available.
Require mortgage advice? You can call our mortgage team on:
0117 332 6063
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 7pm