The opportunity for early maturity with capital protection
As more and more savers face the impact of low savings rates, it is perhaps understandable why the Kick-Out Deposit Plan from Investec has been one of our best selling deposit plans this year.
The plan offers a potential 5% per year (not compounded) and will mature early or ‘Kick-Out’ provided the value of the FTSE 100 Index at the end of each year from year 3 onwards, is higher than its value at the start of the plan (subject to averaging). That’s a potential 15% after 3 years, or another 5% for each additional year thereafter. If the Index is lower on all of these dates you will only receive a return of your initial deposit.
With market leading 3 year fixed rates currently offering 2.3%, and around 2.6% on offer for a 5 year term, by linking your return to the FTSE this plan offers the opportunity to beat low savings rates whilst still retaining the capital protection and FSCS eligibility that many cash savers expect.
- Potential return - 5% gross for every year the Plan is in force (not compounded)
- Capital Protected Product*
- Eligible for the Financial Services Compensation Scheme up to £85,000 for an individual or up to £170,000 for a joint deposit account
- Investment term - Up to 6 Years
- Arrangement fee applies
- Minimum single Investment - £3,000
- Maximum ISA investment - £20,000
- ISA transfers accepted
- Maximum direct investment - £1,000,000
- The Plan is available for 2017/18 Cash ISA, 2018/19 Cash ISA, ISA Transfer, Direct Investment, as well as SIPP and SSAS pension investments. It is also available to businesses, charities and trusts.
- This Plan is not the same as a bank or building society deposit account and you may not receive your initial deposit in full if your capital is withdrawn early
- Investment deadline for 2017/18 ISA applications: 5 April 2018
- Investment deadline ISA transfers: 6 April 2018
- Investment deadline for direct and 2018/19 ISA applications: 27 April 2018
* The return of your initial deposit depends on the ability of the deposit taker (Investec Bank plc) to repay your money.