This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy. Read more

An E111 won't take you all the way on your holiday

04 May 2005
A valid E111 form entitling you to reciprocal healthcare arrangements abroad is a good start in ensuring you're covered on holiday, but it's not enough, insurance website is warning.

According to the website, a comprehensive travel insurance policy is an absolute must, wherever you're jetting off to at the next May Bank Holiday or over the summer.

Whilst the E111 entitles you to basic medical cover, it does not include extras such as personal liability cover, cancellation and loss of baggage, points out.

"If you do nothing else, ensuring you have a valid E111 form is a good start to obtaining medical treatment abroad should you need it," comments Richard Mason, the website's director.

"However it should not be seen as a substitute for a comprehensive insurance policy."

Comprehensive cover for a family of four on a two-week break can cost as little as £22, so it really does pay to get insured.

Click here to find out more about travel insurance.

track© DeHavilland Information Services plc