The AA breakdown service
With the AA breakdown service, you have the option of paying monthly or annually. You can choose from a selection of packages to tailor your cover to fit your needs best. Depending on which option you chose your cover may include:
- National Recovery – With this on your policy the AA will transport you to any single UK destination if your vehicle can’t be fixed at the side of the road following a breakdown.
- At Home Cover – If your car won’t start when you are leaving home or you breakdown with a quarter of a mile from your home you will need ‘At Home’ cover in get assistance.
- Onward Travel – in the event that your vehicle breaks down and it can’t be fixed by the roadside having Onward Travel cover means that the AA could provide you with money towards car hire, public transport to carry on or even put you up in a nearby hotel room for the night.
- Parts and Garage Cover – If you breakdown then this package option means the AA could help pay for parts and garage bills. Wear and tear not covered.
With AA breakdown insurance you get the choice of a persoanl or vehicle policy:
- AA breakdown service vehicle cover will provide breakdown cover for any one vehicle whoever is driving it, as long as they are legally permitted to do so.
- Individual cover means that you get provided with breakdown cover for any vehicle of which you are a driver or passenger when it breaks down. You can take out AA personal breakdown cover for one individual or get cover for up to four people who live in the same household.
Before you take out a breakdown policy:
You will find that there are many different providers of breakdown cover in the UK. It is therefore a good idea to shop around before you take out a policy to find the option which offers you the best deal, using the comparison table on this page might help you to do so. Things which may influence you when deciding which is the right plan for you may include: how comprehensive a policy is, average response time, customer service rating, number of vehicles per member and price of the plan. However you may also want to consider other factors, for example many providers of breakdown cover offer their members special bonuses such as special discounts in shops, bars, restaurants and service stations. You will also find that throughout the year different providers will offer special incentives to take out a breakdown insurance policy with them, so it is worth checking exactly what each one will offer you.