Age Concern Home Insurance

Compare Age Concern Home Insurance

Compare - Latest Home Insurance Deals for Over 50s
ProviderBuildings Max Std CoverContents Max Std CoverFeatures:Get Quotes
£1 million£100,000

Over 50s Home Cover - Buildings and contents insurance from £141 a year – 51% of customers who paid annually and took out a new policy between May and July 2015 paid this or even less

Get Quotes >
Rebuild Cost£50,000

5 Star home insurance from just £99
10% of all customers buying home buildings and contents insurance with us from June 2017 to August 2017 paid £99 or less (Source: Aviva). The price you pay will depend upon individual circumstances, cover chosen and payment method selected.

Get Quotes >

5 star Defaqto rated home insurance from Insure4Retirement

Get Quotes >

Get a quote today and you could save 15% when you buy online. (Discount includes introductory and web discount, first year premium only. Minimum Premiums apply)

Get Quotes >

*There is no total sum insured, but other limits apply including single article and total valuables limits.

** Up to 50% offer includes introductory 25% discount applied to annual home insurancepremium and not to additional extras. £30 gift card applies when purchasing new combined cover.

***99% of people who had a buildings and contents quote during May 2012 received a discount of at least 15%.

♦ Not available to customers renewing their existing cover

Compare - Home and Contents Insurance Quotes
Provided via:Total Number of InsurersContents InsuranceBuilding InsuranceLandlord & Tenant InsuranceGet Quotes
40+YesYesYesGet Quotes >

Is Age Concern home insurance right for you?

Age Concern is now known as Age UK and has joined forces with Norwich Union to specifically cater for the over 50s. If you fall in this age bracket, you may find certain discounts apply, which could help reduce the cost of your policy while offering you peace of mind.


Buildings and Contents insurance can cover you against a multitude of unexpected events which can leave you with high costs in repairs or the replacements of items.


Home insurance typically covers you against:

  • Weather damage
  • Fires
  • Floods
  • Theft or attempted break-in
  • Riots and malicious damage
  • Falling trees or branches
  • Water or oil leaks
  • Landslips
  • Collisions by any vehicle


Your buildings cover will take care of the structure of your buildings, the walls and floors as well as any permanent fixtures, whereas contents cover will take care of your actual belongings.


Age UK Home Insurance Review

Some of the advantages of choosing Ag UK, include:

  • 24 hour domestic assistance service which means an authorised repairer will visit your home
  • Identity theft helpline service
  • 24 hour legal helpline
  • Optional voluntary excess which can reduce your insurance premium


Features of Age UK Home Insurance

Age UK offer both contents and buildings insurance separately.

  • Buildings are covered up to £500,000 rebuilding costs and covers: fixtures, fittings, paths, drives, patios, garages, outbuildings, and garden walls
  • Trace and access for the source of leaks is included
  • Property owners liability up to £3,000,000 is included
  • Your contents are covered up to £60,000 but additional contents cover is available up to £100,000 if you need a higher level of coverage
  • Your contents cover included: household goods, valuables, money, and credit cards
  • Rent and alternative accommodation covered
  • Replacement of external locks and missing keys
  • Counselling cover up to £1000
  • Garden cover up to £1500
  • Freezer food up to £1000
  • Add accidental damage cover for buildings and contents for an additional cost


Optional extras:

Age UK offer a number of additional extras if you need a higher level of coverage.


This includes:

  • Accidental Damage to Buildings and Contents
  • Home Emergency Cover, up to £1,500
  • Personal legal Protection Cover up to £100,000


See the Age UK website for additional options plus more details.


What is an Excess?

An excess is the sum you have to pay when you claim on your insurance. Normally, the cheaper the insurance the higher the excess or more restrictions are applied when it comes to claiming.Age UK require you to pay an excess when you make a claim, but they also offer the option of paying a voluntary excess which can help you to lower your insurance premium.


Generally, there are two kinds of excess: a compulsory excess and a voluntary excess. Compulsory means that your insurer will set the price and you must pay it whereas voluntary excess is set by you.


Remember to set your voluntary excess carefully. If you're willing to contribute a large amount towards a claim, your insurer will reward you with a lower premium, but this could make claiming on your policy more expensive.