ASDA breakdown cover:
ASDA breakdown cover has a range of levels of cover so you can tailor your policy to fit your specific needs
Depending on what level of cover you choose ASDA breakdown insurance could provide:
- Average 41 minute response time
- 83% roadside fix rate
- A free relief driver, if you fall ill or sustain an injury that stops you from driving the rest of the way, ASDA will provide a relief driver to take you home
- Message service – Ask ASDA and they will send a message saying you have had a breakdown to the people who need to know.
- Free hire car or overnight accommodation – If your vehicle cannot be fixed on the same day, ASDA will either put you up for the night or pay for a hire car.
- Unlimited call outs (vehicle must be roadworthy and maintained in line with manufacturer recommendations)
- Add either another car or upgrade to a personal policy for £40.
- Home Assist and recovery to a UK location of your choice
- European breakdown cover - allowing you to drive on the continent for up to 180 days of the year
- Rated 5 Stars out of 5 by Defaqto for UK Breakdown and European Breakdown insurance
- ASDA breakdown cover prioritises people in vulnerable positions to try and make sure help will be on hand when you need it most.
- Cover for motorbikes, vans and motor-homes
Before you take out breakdown cover
There are a wide range of breakdown cover providers, so it is worth shopping around before you take out a plan to try and get the best deal, you may also want to think about how comprehensive you need your cover to be. Although it varies by provider cover is often offered on different price bands depending on what the customer wants, some cover levels may feature:
- Roadside assistance: Often the cheapest cover offered. It usually provides you with a number of callouts per year where you will be provided with a set amount of time of free roadside labour, if the vehicle cannot be readily repaired by the road the insurer will arrange for a tow to take you and your vehicle to a nearby garage.
- Home Assistance: Often a basic roadside assistance package will not cover you if your vehicle won’t start as your leaving home. it may also not cover you for breakdowns that occur within a certain close proximity to your address. Having home assistance cover in place would cover you for these possibilities.
- Onward Travel: If you’re vehicle is not in a state where it can be quickly repaired either at the roadside or in the garage but you need to continue your journey then having onward travel cover may be able to assist you. What each provider offers for onward travel can vary but they may provide you with a hire car for a limited period of time or offer to put you up in nearby accommodation while your vehicle is repaired.