Autonational Rescue offers a selection of levels of cover depending on what you chose your policy could feature:
- Discounted airport parking
- High tech rescue control centre to help respond to your call
- Cover for breakdowns and accidents as well as vandalism and theft
- Protected no-claims bonus
- Autonational rescue use a network of independent local garages to provide roadside assistance and recovery
Whether your vehicle is new or old thinking about taking out breakdown cover is wise because some incidents can occur to a vehicle no matter how mechanically sound it is, for example some policies will cover you for a loss of keys or putting the wrong fuel in the car.
There are a wide range of providers of breakdown cover in the UK so shopping around to try and find the best deal is a good idea. In addition to considering; price, response times, user satisfaction and how comprehensive a level of cover is provided, you will find that throughout the year different providers will offer different incentives to entice new members you may want to consider. Some providers also offer benefits throughout the year for their members like discounts in different stores, service stations and restaurants.
Levels of cover
Different providers usually offer varying levels of cover with their different breakdown cover packages, although what they are called and exactly what each one offers will differ somewhat common features are:
- Roadside assistance: This package is often the most basic level of cover and often any other package will also include this. It will provide you with a certain amount of time of free labour from a roadside technician, if the vehicle cannot be fixed at the roadside you will be towed to a nearby garage.
- Home Assistance: Vehicle breakdowns that occur at home or within a close proximity to your registered home address are often not covered by the base roadside assistance package an insurer offers. As such you would need to include home assistance in your policy package to have cover for these instances.
- Onward Travel: For drivers whose vehicle cannot be readily fixed at the roadside, or within a certain time frame at a garage, who still wish to continue their journey having an onward travel package may aid them to do so. Onward travel varies greatly by provider but could include the provision of a hire car for a limited period or being put up for the night in a nearby hotel while the vehicle is repaired.
- European Cover: if you are intending in driving around the continent, having European cover in place will provide you for breakdowns elsewhere in Europe but outside of the UK.