Why take out Home Insurance?
Emergency situations are impossible to prepare for, consequently, people are rarely financially prepared for when their home is subject to an accident, adverse weather damage, a fire, or theft. However, these things do happen, building repairs are expensive and with most properties holding approximately £25,000 of contents, home insurance is the most sensible way to be ready for the worst.
Things to Consider
Here are a few things to consider when looking for an insurance policy to suit you.
- Is your property specialist? If you own a listed building or if your property has an unusual feature such as a thatched roof, you may need specialist cover.
- Do you need buildings and content cover? While it’s generally advised that you take out both, it does depend on your individual circumstances. Insurance providers often provide individual policies as well as joint policies.
- Does the policy provide enough cover? All policies have their limits so you need to make sure that your home is covered for the rebuild value rather than the market value. It’s also worth costing your contents to make sure your chosen policy will be enough to cover it all.
Compare AXA Home Insurance
As standard with all of their policy packages, AXA offer:
- New for Old - brand new replacements if contents are stolen or damages
- Repairs by approved suppliers guaranteed
- Cover is always included for risks such as flooding, fire and escapes of water
- Up to £1000 cash advance with contents insurance to take care of the emergency items, this is deducted from the final claim
- In the case of a break-in, they will send a locksmith to replace your locks
- 24 hour emergency helpline is available
Winner of the Defaqto 2016 five star award, AXA offer three tiers of home insurance which also include all of the above:
AXA HomeSmart is a convenient and great value introduction to home insurance. There is flexibility to add extras if you need them. Features:
- You can receive up to £500,000 buildings insurance
- You can receive up to £75,000 contents insurance
- You can receive up to £5,000 for single valuables (£20,000 total) with contents insurance
- There is flexibility to add accidental damage cover for extra peace of mind
HomeSure protects what matters most to you, it includes buildings accidental damage as standard. There is flexibility to add extras if you need them. Features
- You can receive up to £1,000,000 buildings insurance
- You can receive up to £85,000 contents insurance
- You can receive up to £10,000 for single valuables (£25,000 total) with contents insurance
- Buildings accidental damage cover is included, as standard
With their highest limits, AXA HomeSafe offers you total security. This policy includes all of their extra benefits they offer, rolled in to one.
- You will receive unlimited buildings insurance
- You can receive up to £100,000 contents insurance
- You can receive up to £15,000 for single valuables (£30,000 total) with contents insurance
- This includes full accidental damage cover for your home and contents
- You can receive up to £2,500 cover for personal possessions you take outside your home, as standard
- Home assistance and Legal expenses cover as standard AXA provide a range of options to suit those who need basic cover to those who need a much more well-rounded insurance service. Their £1000 cash advance adds some extra security as you won’t be left without the basic essentials until the claim goes through.