What is Barclays Home Insurance?
Barclays home insurance is designed to protect your home against damage to the property itself or to the contents within it. Insurance can cover you against the unexpected, such as: theft, fire, flooding, accidental damage, and a number of other things. It’s impossible to plan financially for emergency situations and so having a good level of cover can give you peace of mind.
Home insurance falls in to three categories: buildings Insurance, contents Insurance, a joint policy of the two. Buildings insurance will take care of the actual structure of the buildings and the permanent fixtures within the property whereas contents insurance will take care of your possessions including your electronics, carpets, curtains, jewellery etc.
Barclays Home Insurance Review
With Barclays you can create your own home insurance policy by choosing the level and types of insurance you need. You can add and remove cover as your needs change so this way you can pick relevant cover rather than pay for insurance you don’t need.
With Barclays, you are able to choose between various policies to build a coverage which suits you.
- Unlimited cover against loss, theft and damage
- Protection for valuable items
- Matching items cover – if an items is part of a set, for example jewellery
- Cover against damage caused by removal companies
- Replacement locks and keys
- Unlimited rebuild or repairs costs if your house has fewer than 5 rooms. This includes outbuildings, permanent fixtures, drives, gates, pools etc
- Matching items cover for damage to items that form a set
- Alternative accommodation provided up to £100,000 if you cannot live in your home due to repairs
- Public liability, up to £2 million to cover the cost of claims made against you for injury or damage which happens on your property
- Buildings accidental damage
- Buildings protected no claims-discount
Starter Contents Cover
This is a unique cover policy which is best suited to people who have just moved in to their first home and own very little.
- Choose the level of cover that you need, from £2,000 to £15,000 so you don’t have to pay for anything you don’t want
- Included protection for your most valuable items such as jewellery, art and watches up to the sum you insure or you can specify single items
- Cover against damage while you move home
- Replacement locks and keys
- Contents accidental damage
- protected no claims discount
- Provides worldwide cover for your gadgets
- Replacements repairs or cash, vouchers for your items
- You can choose the level of cover you need
- Family cover also provided for the permanent members of your household
Personal Possessions Cover
- Cover for things you take with you, such as watches, jewellery, clothes, books, money etc.
Students Contents Insurance
- Protects your contents while at uni, college or boarding school
- Choose the level of cover you need, from £2,000 to £15,000
- Add other covers such as gadgets, bikes and sports equipment
Legal Expenses Cover
- Cover for employment disputes, medical negligence claims and consumer issues
- You can receive up to £50,000 per claim to cover legal fees
- Access to a 24 hour medical helpline