Find the best mortgage rates for you Interest options
- Fixed rate mortgages will come with an interest rate that is guaranteed to be of a certain amount for a predetermined period.
- Tracker mortgages have interest rates that follow the Bank of England base interest rate, and could therefore move up or down with this.
- Standard variable rate (SVR) refers to the basic interest rate offered by a lender, which could change at any time.
Other types of mortgage
- Offset mortgages are linked to your savings or current account; by choosing not to earn interest on your savings, you could significantly reduce the amount of interest that you pay on your mortgage.
As you look around for the best mortgage rates, you are likely to find that there are many different types on offer. Here is a breakdown of some of the mortgage options that you may have to choose from:
- Interest only mortgages only require you to make monthly interest repayments, while at the same time you would have to pay into a long-term savings plan which would be expected to pay off your mortgage loan upon maturity.
- Repayment mortgages will require you to make monthly repayments of interest plus capital until the mortgage loan is paid back in its entirety.
If you are looking for the best mortgage rates possible, it is always advisable to carefully shop around and compare mortgage deals from as many different providers as possible. Our mortgage comparison tables below contain details of several mortgage deals currently on the market. Please see below for more information: