Is Bradford and Bingley home insurance right for you?
Home Insurance is a non-compulsory form of property insurance which is designed to protect against damage to your property or to the belongings within your home.
What can be insured?
Home insurance can be very basic or cover a lot more depending on your provider and what polices you take out. The two main types are:
This covers the actual structure of the building. The walls, windows, floor and roof and will also include permanent features such as the kitchen and bathroom set. Policies do vary but this kind of cover will normally insure your property against flooding, burst pipes, theft, fires and weather damage.
Extra cover can normally be added if you need and many people like to also take out accidental damage cover, giving well-rounded protection for your home.
Most families will have contents in their property valuing over £20,000. Many families have a great deal more. The idea of replacing these items due to flooding, theft, leakage, natural disasters is a worrying thought for many.
Contents insurance removes this worry. It will normally cover everything from jewellery to carpets, curtains, and electronic devices. Always read your policy carefully because every insurer will have a limit on what they are willing to pay out, so make sure your policy is adequate to cover what you need it to.
You can usually get these two types of cover as a joint policy from one insurance company or you can buy both types of insurance independently.
Bradford and Bingley Home Insurance Review
Bradford and Bingley provide a range of customer benefits with their insurance:
- 24 hour UK claims service
- Alternative accommodation provided as standard if your property is undergoing repair
- 10% increase of contents cover for one month before and after weddings and Christmas
- 30% no claims discount
- Items are replaced on a new-for-old basis
- Online self-service system which allows you to view your policy and make payments
Bradford and Bingley home insurance features
- Contents cover up to £99,000
- Buildings cover up to £750,000 for buildings up to 5 bedrooms
- Cover for accidental damage included as standard (plus option to increase the limit if necessary)
- Outdoor Cover up to £1000 for contents within outbuildings, garages and sheds
- Key cover if your keys are accidently lost or stolen up to £500. New locks can be fitted or new keys provided
- Student cover for your child is provided up to £1000 with the standard contents cover policy
Family Legal Protection
Up to £50,000 worth of financial supports per incident for your legal costs. You will also have access to a confidential legal helpline, 24 hours per day.
Extra Keycare Cover
Up to £1,500, this includes keys to your car, home, office or caravan, it won’t affect your no claims discount on your car or home insurance when you use this service, no excess to pay.