What is van insurance?
Before you take your camper van on the road, it is absolutely essential to make sure that you have up to date insurance to protect yourself and other road users in the event of an accident. Unless your campervan has been declared off road, you must have up to date insurance or you could be liable for a fine or driving ban if caught uninsured. Plus, having the right campervan insurance in place can leave you free to enjoy your holiday without worry.
Benefits of camper van insurance
All campervan insurance policies vary, so it is vital to check the small print before choosing camper van insurance. However, some of the benefits offered by many camper van insurance providers can include:
- Accidental damage cover
- Audio equipment cover
- Cover for driving in the EU
- Windscreen repair and replacement
Types of camper van insurance
Policy options for your camper van insurance include:
- Third party only insurance – this is the minimum level of vehicle insurance required by law in the UK and covers damage to property or injury to others caused by your vehicle. However, it doesn’t cover damage to your own vehicle.
- Third party fire and theft – this type of insurance covers the same things as third party only insurance, with the addition of cover for damage to your vehicle by fire or the loss of your vehicle through theft
- Comprehensive insurance – this type of insurance will cover you for the same eventualities as third party fire and theft, plus loss or damage to your vehicle, personal effects cover, windscreen damage, accidental damage, and even medical expenses.
- Telematics insurance – this type of insurance involves installing a ‘black box’ in your vehicle that tracks how you drive, meaning that you could receive cheaper premiums for showing safe driving behaviours
Make sure you get the best possible deal for your requirements - compare camper van insurance quotes from across the market using our fast online service.