The Co-operative or CIS’s landlord insurance policy is available to:
- Private landlords
- Property owning organisations
- Residents associations
- The owners of up to 20 properties
- Property management companies
The cover available with Co-operative landlord insurance includes:
- Landlord contents and building insurance
- Cover from property loss or damage (accidental damage optional)
- Loss of rent and cover for alternative accommodation
- Optional terrorism cover
- 24 hour claims line, legal help and advice
- Optional pay monthly service
- Optional engineering cover
- Optional legal expenses cover
- Optional employers liability up to £10million
There’s a diverse range of levels of cover available in the landlords insurance market, with many insurers offering policies therefore it’s important to shop around to try and find the policy that suits your needs best, you could use the above comparison tables to look what several different insurers may be able to offer.
Types of landlord cover
There are many optional types of cover when it comes to landlord insurance so it’s important to consider what features matter to you and to find a policy which gives you a level coverage you are comfortable with.
Landlords Building Insurance
The most basic level of cover normally available, it just provides insurance for the buildings structure and rebuild cost.
Landlord Content insurance
If you rent a property as furnished then this policy will cover provide cover for damage to the property’s white goods, sofas and other items you furnished it with.
Landlord Liability Insurance
Liability insurance can help cover your legal costs that you could incur if a tenant enters litigation with you.
Loss of Rent cover
This cover may be able to protect you against loss of rent if an accident occurs which means you cannot let your property out for a period of time.
Landlord Emergency cover
This insurance policy provides you with cover in the event of an emergency that needs a quick response such as a gas leak or break-in, some policy’s may be able to help you get a qualified tradesmen to the property 24 hours a day 365 days a year to make the property safe.