Most of the standard home insurance policies that are offered will have a limit on the amount they are willing to insure a single object for. Some people can get caught out by agreeing to a policy that doesn’t actually provide the level of cover they need.
Some insurers will insist on a number of security measures being implemented before they will give serious thought to your application for contents insurance for your jewellery.
Installing an up to date security system can involve:
- Burglar alarms
- Strong locks for both windows and doors
- Security lighting in the garden and driveway
- A safe for the actual item itself
When getting a contents insurance quote for jewellery from a company, it is vital the items are explained in detail and properly evaluated.
This will mean that you are not:
- Under-insured, meaning any payments will not cover the cost of the item
- Over-insured, meaning you are not left paying higher premiums than you need to