Direct Line breakdown cover
Direct Line breakdown cover works in partnership with Green Flag to help get you back on the road. They have a range of levels of cover so you can tailor your policy to suit you. epending on what you chose your policy may feature:
- Unlimited callouts 365 days of the 24 hours a day
- No call out charge or fees for special equipment
- Average response time of 46 minutes
- Misfueling cover
- Personal or vehicle cover
- No call out discount
Direct Line breakdown cover is available in 5 cover packages:
- Rescue – Offers you roadside assistance for breakdowns that occur at least a quarter of a mile from your registered home address, you also benefit from a message service so Direct Line can contact your friends and family to let you know about the vehicle breakdown.
- Rescue Plus – In addition to being covered at the roadside, you also get home assistance so you will be covered if your car doesn’t start when leaving home or if you breakdown within a quarter mile radius of your registered home address. You also get cover for misfueling your vehicle.
- Recovery- The recovery option gives you the benefits of the ‘Rescue’ package plus if your vehicle cannot be fixed by the end of the day Direct Line breakdown cover will take you, your vehicle as well as your passengers to your original intended destination or your home or to a garage.
- Recovery Plus – In addition to providing you with home and roadside assistance, as well as recovery to your original destination or home the Recovery Plus package could mean the provision of a hire car for a limited time period, or expenses for alternative travel or being put up in overnight accommodation.
- Euro Plus – Direct Line’s ‘Euro Plus’package grants the same cover as their ‘Recovery Plus’ option but in additional you get European roadside help which could include the cost of travel home if necessary and for the repatriation of your car, and legal cover.
Finding breakdown cover
If you are currently in the market for breakdown cover, it can be advisable to shop around to find the best deal for your specific requirements as there are a variety of providers. You may want to consider in addition to the price things such as; average response time, how comprehensive a level of cover is provided and user ratings. As well as this you will find that some providers offer special incentives throughout the year in order to attract new customers which you may also want to consider in your decision.