A Direct Line landlord insurance policy encompasses single or multi-location property portfolios, houses, and modern, purpose-built flats. The cover provides a wide range of protection against a variety of potentially devastating events such as fire, theft, malicious damage, and public liabilities.
Direct Line landlord cover provides the following cover as standard:
- Buildings insurance
- Public liability cover up to £2 million
- Property contents cover
- Accidental damage cover
- Boiler breakdown cover
- Alternative accommodation for tenants after a flood or fire
- Glass and locks replacement
- New for old replacement for damaged contents
- UK-based specialist claims handlers available seven days a week to help you with your claim
- Option to pay monthly for the first year of your policy, interest-free
- Cover commercial and residential properties on the same policy
- Specialist portfolio cover – call Direct Line to discuss insuring for than five properties on one policy
Optional policy extras on offer from Direct Line include:
- Cover for loss of rent following a claim
- Employer’s liability insurance
- Cover for deliberate damage or theft by tenants
- Loss of rent cover
As there are a diverse range of offerings when it comes to landlord insurance, it’s important to shop around to find the plan which suits your needs best. You should also consider carefully what you’re looking for in a policy to find a level of cover that you feel comfortable with.
Types of landlord insurance you may wish to think about:
- Landlord Building Insurance - The most basic type of policy, you are just provided with cover for the building structure as well as the rebuild costs.
- Landlord Content insurance -If you rent a property as furnished then this will provide cover for the items you provided such as white goods and furniture.
- Landlord Liability Insurance - If one of your tenants decided to enter litigation with you this coverage could assist you with legal costs.
- Loss of Rent cover - If an accident happens which means you cannot let one of your properties for a period of time this insurance could cover the loss of rent you would suffer.
- Landlord Emergency cover - This will cover the cost of emergency repairs following incidents that need to be addressed as soon as possible like a burst pipe. This type of insurance can help you get a qualified tradesman to the property at any time any day of the year.
* subject to terms and conditions