What is covered by Direct Line van insurance?
Some of the features available when you take out Direct Line van insurance can include:
- Tools cover - insure tools held in the van up to £500
- Windscreen cover
- Personal accident cover
- Medical expenses cover
- Personal belongings cover
- Hotel expenses cover
- New vehicle replacement (subject to terms and conditions)
- Compulsory minimum European cover
- 24/7 emergency helpline
- Cover for audio and GPS equipment fitted in the van
- Up to 9 years no claims discount
- Repairs guaranteed for 5 years when you use an approved repairer
Optional extras to add to your van insurance include:
- Protected no claims discount
- Van breakdown cover
- Replacement van cover
- Motor legal protection
Types of van insurance offered by Direct Line
You can choose from two types of van insurance with Direct Line:
- Third party fire and theft – this type of insurance covers the same things as third party only insurance, with the addition of cover for damage to your vehicle by fire or the loss of your vehicle through theft.
- Comprehensive insurance – this type of insurance will cover you for the same eventualities as third party fire and theft, plus loss or damage to your vehicle, personal effects cover, windscreen damage, accidental damage, and even medical expenses.