Elephant Home Insurance

Compare Elephant Home Insurance

Compare Home Insurance Quotes
Provided via:Total Number of InsurersContents InsuranceBuilding InsuranceLandlord & Tenant InsuranceGet Quotes
70YesYesYesGet Quotes >

Compare a wide range of deals side-by-side to help you find the best cover at the best price.

80+YesYesYesGet Quotes >

*10% of Confused.com home insurance customers saved over £256 against their previous renewal price (Oct-Dec 2012)

70+YesYesYesGet Quotes >
Compare more than 87 insurance companies. 99% of people could save on home insurance and you could save as much as £116.32.
Compare - Latest Home Insurance Deals
ProviderBuildings Max Std CoverContents Max Std CoverFeatures:Get Quotes
Rebuild Cost£50,000

40% no claim discount if you have been claim free for five years or more

Smaller discounts apply if you have been claim free for between one and four years. Discount doesn’t apply to home emergency or legal cover options. Minimum premiums apply.

Get Quotes >
£1 million£100,000

Over 50s Home Cover - Buildings and contents insurance from £141 a year – 51% of customers who paid annually and took out a new policy between May and July 2015 paid this or even less

Get Quotes >

Great value 'Defaqto' 5 Star rated cover. £1 million cover if you need to rebuild your home, choose up to £150,000 for your contents cover, 24-hour UK emergency helpline, 12-month guarantee on repairs

Get Quotes >

Up to 20% Online Introductory discount for new customers.

(See terms and conditions)

Get Quotes >

Get a quote today and you could save 15% when you buy online. (Discount includes introductory and web discount, first year premium only. Minimum Premiums apply)

Get Quotes >

Get quotes from over 65 home insurance brands in minutes, 25% of customers save up to £127.23, compare up to 30 policy features at once

Get Quotes >

*There is no total sum insured, but other limits apply including single article and total valuables limits.

** Up to 50% offer includes introductory 25% discount applied to annual home insurance premium and not to additional extras. £30 gift card applies when purchasing new combined cover.

***99% of people who had a buildings and contents quote during May 2012 received a discount of at least 15%.

♦ Not available to customers renewing their existing cover

 ****Discount applies when you buy buildings and contents together. 30% combined and 20% online discount deducted consecutively. Excludes optional covers. Minimum premiums apply. New customers only.

Types of Elephant Home Insurance

Although buildings insurance will cover the structure of your home and most of the fixtures, contents insurance will cover your possessions which are basically the items you'd take with you if you moved.


Contents insurance isn't compulsory, but most people would find replacing the contents of their home unaffordable. Many insurance companies offer a new for old replacement system which means that they will replace your contents as new rather than the actual worth of your used item.


Contents insurance will cover items in your home such as your furniture, clothes and electrical items if they are damaged, lost or stolen.


Elephant Home Insurance in partnership with Admiral

Elephant have teamed up with Admiral to offer flexible home insurance with varying levels of cover at great value.

Admiral home insurance offers:

  • Reliable 24 hour emergency helpline
  • Great value with online booking discounts
  • Unlimited Buildings cover no matter which level of cover you choose

They offer three levels of cover with different features which you’re able to tailor to suit you:



  • Up to £50,000 of contents cover included
  • You can add a range of optional extras to this policy


Admiral Gold

  • Up to £75,000 of contents cover included
  • Boiler Emergency cover is included
  • You can add a range of optional extras to this policy


Admiral Platinum

  • Up to £150,000 of contents cover included

You will also be covered for:

  • Boiler emergency
  • Home Emergency
  • Family Legal protection
  • Accidental Damage
  • Bicycle Cover
  • Personal Possessions


Optional Extras

  • Family Legal Protection, up to £100,000
  • Home Emergency cover, up to £500
  • Boiler Emergency Cover, up to £500
  • Accidental Damage Cover which is available on both buildings and contents
  • Personal Possessions, each item may be worth up to £1000 and you can choose up to £10,000 worth of cover
  • Bicycle Cover, up to £350


What type of cover do I need?

If you're a homeowner and you live in the property, you may want to purchase a combined policy which includes both buildings and contents cover as you're personally responsible for anything that happens to your home and its contents.


However, if you’re renting then you’ll only need to look at contents cover as your landlord is the person responsible for the structural maintenance. Nevertheless, you should always check the terms of your rental agreement to be sure.


If you're already a homeowner, or you're a first-time buyer, you will be aware that buildings insurance is one of the conditions of a mortgage offer.


If you have a specialist building such as a home with a thatched or flat roof or a listed building, you may need specialist home insurance. Many providers do offer this option but always check the policy carefully before purchasing if you think this may affect you.


The optional extras depend on your personal circumstances, do you carry a lot of expensive possessions around with you? Are you like to need legal assistance and if so would you be able to pay for it yourself? Would covering yourself for emergencies make life significantly easier for you?