GEM Motoring Assist offers comprehensive protection - you don't want to find yourself stranded without knowing there's help on the way. Depending on which option you select Gem Motoring Assist cover could feature:
- Repair of vehicles more than a quarter of a mile from your home carried out at the roadside
- If you break down more than 25 miles from home and repairs can't be carried out that day, GEM can assist with onward travel or overnight accommodation up to the value of £200
- Onward travel for you and up to seven passengers to a UK destination of your choice.
- Overnight accommodation
- Unlimited callouts
- Defaqto 5 star rating
- Recommended Which? Provider
- Running out of fuel cover
- Driver illness cover
- A range of cover options
- Home assistance cover
- Cover up to 4 drivers
- Cover for cars, motorbikes, motor-homes and classic vehicles
- Cover for towed caravans and trailers
- GEM cover vehicles of any age for the same price
- Average call out time of around 40 minutes
GEM offer European breakdown cover policy called ‘Euro Plus’ with P J Hayman
With GEM Motoring Assist, you will be rescued by one of more than 6,000 recovery vehicles that they have available for their customers, so for complete peace of mind.
GEM are a provider of personal breakdown cover. This means that instead of you insuring one or more vehicles for breakdowns you insure yourself as a driver, and up to three others. So whatever vehicle you’re driving or a passenger of you will have breakdown cover.
Types of GEM Motoring Assist cover:
GEM’s Recovery EXTRA package offers you a comprehensive personal cover option, if you suffer a vehicle breakdown you just need to call GEM’s Rescue Control Centre and they will organise a mobile mechanic or recovery vehicle to come to your aid.
The RECLAIM package offers you the same level of service, but at a cheaper premium. This is because you are required to pay upfront the cost of recovery or repair yourself, then later claim that money back from GEM later. You can contact the control centre or even make your own arrangements if you want to use your own preferred mechanic.
Finding breakdown cover
When in the market for breakdown cover you may want to consider more than just price, other factors such as; Average response time, customer reviews, comprehensiveness of cover and bonuses or incentives offered to a provider’s members could all also play a part in deciding which is the right choice for you, there are a wide range of providers of breakdown insurance so it is worthwhile to shop around to find the best choice for your specific needs.