Choose the level of car cover to suit you with GoCompare
GoCompare allows you to compare a huge range of car insurance options. The three main different types of car insurance available are:
- Comprehensive Cover - This type of car insurance covers you and your vehicle for any accident, whether it was your fault or not.
- Third Party Fire and Theft - This type of car insurance covers you and your vehicle if it is stolen or damaged by fire. It also covers you for damages to the other person and their car if you are involved in an accident and it is your fault.
- Third Party Only - This type of car insurance covers you for damage to other people’s property and well as providing compensation for death or injuries caused by an accident that was your fault. It also covers you for damage and injury caused by your passengers.
If your household has more than one car, you can also choose a multi-car insurance policy which will often work out cheaper than insuring each car separately.
Other top car insurance benefits from GoCompare
Depending on which car insurance provider you opt for, you could also receive some of the following extras and benefits with your policy:
- Get a discount on your premium when you get a car insurance quote online
- No claims discount – many policies also offer the opportunity to protect your no claims discount even if you have to make a claim in future (terms and conditions will apply)
- 24-hour accident helpline and UK-based call centres
- Use of a courtesy car if your own car has to be fixed after you have made a claim
- Option to add breakdown cover to your car insurance policy
- Specialist insurance for young drivers – many car insurance companies offer ‘pay-how-you-drive’ cover for younger drivers. These policies work by tracking how safely you drive using a telematics box installed in the car.