With Green Flag breakdown cover you have a selection of cover so you can tailor how comprehensive your policy is based on your own specific needs. The features of your policy will vary depending on what option you choose but may include:
- No charges for making callouts
- No extra charge for the use of specialist equipment to get your vehicle out of snow and mud
- 5 star rating from Defaqto
- Next day collection policy – If a nearby garage is closed, Green Flag will take you home then pick you and your vehicle the next day to take you back to the garage.
- No claims discounts
- Discounts for buying online
- Cover provided 24 hours a day 365 days a year
- Message Service – If you ask Green Flag will send message for your family and friends to let them know what happened
Finding breakdown cover
No matter how mechanically reliable you feel your vehicle is, some incidents like a broken key or a misfueling can occur to anyone, some providers of breakdown cover may even offer cover for these incidents as standard.
You will find when looking for a policy that you may have the option of personal or vehicle cover:
- Vehicle Cover – With a vehicle policy you insure one nominated vehicle against breakdowns, so if it breaks down you will be covered no matter who is driving it at that time, as long as they are legally allowed to do so. Some policies will allow you to get cover for additional vehicles at a discounted price.
- Personal Cover – With a personal policy one nominated person is insured against breakdowns, this means that they will be covered for a vehicle breakdown for any vehicle that they are driving or with some policies are a passenger in. Some providers will allow you to insure up to four people, who live within the same household under the same policy.
When deciding which is the best breakdown cover option for you, your decision may be affected by more than just price factors such as: how comprehensive a policy is, what the average response time is and user ratings.