Green Flag breakdown service
The Green Flag breakdown service provides comprehensive cover at competitive rates. They have divided their policies into 5 different levels of protection, so that you can choose the cover that's right for you:
- Rescue – Green Flag’s base Rescue package will afford you roadside assistance any time of the year with unlimited callouts, you also won’t be charged extra for the use of specialist equipment if your vehicle gets stuck in snow or mud and needs to be freed.
- Rescue Plus – The Recovery Plus package gives you all of the standard features of Green Flag’s Rescue policy, but also offers home assistance so you will be covered if your vehicle doesn’t start at home or if you breakdown within a quarter of a mile of your registered home address. You also get cover for misfueling, so if you accidently put the wrong fuel in your car Green Flag will drain the tank and give you enough of the right fuel to get on your way.
- Recovery – The Recovery option features national recovery, so Green Flag will take you and your car home or to anywhere else in the UK you want to go. You also get all of the features of the standard rescue package plus misfueling cover.
- Recovery Plus - With Recovery plus you get all the features of both Green Flag’s Rescue Plus and Recovery package, you also get an onward travel feature so if your cannot be fixed Green Flag will provide you with a hire car, pay for alternative transport or arrange for you to stay in a nearby hotel.
- European cover – If you’re driving on the continent, then Green Flag’s European option will provide you for cover for up to 90 days of driving elsewhere than the UK in Europe as well as getting all of the features of the Recovery Plus package.
Deciding on a policy:
You will find that many providers of breakdown cover give you a selection of different levels of cover at different prices so that you can tailor your policy to fit your specific needs, in addition to levels of cover some providers will give you the option of a personal or vehicle policy.
- Vehicle Cover – With a vehicle policy you nominate one vehicle to have breakdown cover, so no matter who is driving it (as long as they are legally permitted to) when a break down occurs it will have breakdown cover. Some policies will give you a discount for insuring additional vehicles.
- Personal cover – With a personal policy instead of insuring a vehicle you get cover for a specific person, so whatever vehicle they are driving they will have breakdown cover. Some policies let you insure multiple people under the same policy.