Green Flag Recovery
Green flag offers a range of breakdown packages at different prices, so you can tailor how comprehensive a policy you have, depending on your own specific needs:
- Rescue – Green Flags base package, offers you roadside assistance for breakdowns that occur over a quarter of a mile from your registered home address. If your vehicle cannot be fixed at the roadside then this package includes cover for recovery to a nearby garage.
- Rescue Plus – With Rescue Plus you get all of the features of the standard package but in addition you’re covered for vehicle breakdowns at home, if you put the wrong fuel in your car then Green Flag will also send aid to drain the tank and give you enough of the right fuel to get going again.
- Recovery – With Recovery Green Flag will offer you national recovery, so no matter where in the UK that you breakdown Green Flag will offer to take you home or to any other UK destination of your choice.
- Recovery Plus - The Recovery plus package gives you all the features of both Rescue Plus and Recovery packages but you also get onward travel, this means that if your car cannot be fixed that same day Green Flag could offer you a hire car, alternative transport costs or even a nearby hotel room.
- European cover – European cover gives you all of the features of Recovery Plus but you also get afforded some cover for driving elsewhere in Europe than the UK.
Finding a breakdown and recovery policy
There are a variety of breakdown cover providers on the market, Green Flag Recovery is just one of many, so shopping around thoroughly to try and find the best choice for you is a good idea in addition to considering cost you may also want to factor other aspects into your decision for instance; what is the average response time of a provider or what features are included with each package. You might also want to decide on whether you feel a personal or vehicle policy would be more appropriate:
- Personal Cover – If you take out a personal breakdown cover policy, you will have breakdown cover for any car you drive, and with some providers are a passenger in. Restrictions will vary by provider.
- Vehicle Cover – With a vehicle policy you nominate a vehicle for breakdown cover, so it will have cover no matter who is driving it at the night it breaks down, as long as that person is legally permitted to drive it.