Green Flag Rescue
Green Flag offers five levels of cover at different price bands so you can tailor your policy to fit your needs:
- Rescue – The Green Flag Rescue package grants you unlimited callouts for breakdowns that occur over a quarter of a mile from your registered home address. You also won’t be charged extra for the use of specialist equipment to get you out of snow or flooding.
- Rescue Plus – in addition to all of the benefits of the Rescue package with Rescue Plus you get home cover and cover for if you accidently put the wrong fuel in your vehicle.
- Recovery – With the Recovery package you get national recovery, so no matter where your vehicle breaks down in the UK, if it cannot be repaired at the roadside Green Flag will offer to take you home or to any other UK address. You also get misfueling cover and the same benefits as the Rescue package. You do not however get home cover included.
- Recovery Plus – With the Recovery Plus option you get the combined benefits of the Rescue Plus and Recovery packages, plus you get onward travel, which means if your car cannot be fixed Green Flag will offer you a hire car, alternative transport costs or a arrange for you to have a nearby hotel room for the night.
- Euro Plus – With Euro Plus you get breakdown cover for up 90 days of driving elsewhere in Europe as well as all of the benefits of the Recovery Plus package when driving in the UK.
Green Flag also offer plans for; Motorbike Cover, Caravan & trailer cover and Business breakdown cover.
Type of cover
When looking into breakdown cover that many providers will grant you a choice between personal and vehicle cover:
- Personal – If you take out personal breakdown cover for yourself, you will be insured for vehicle breakdowns for any vehicle that you are legally permitted to drive, some will even still afford you that cover if you’re a passenger in a vehicle. Some insurers allow you to take out a policy for up to 4 named individuals who live at the same address.
- Vehicle – With vehicle cover you nominate a vehicle for cover, this means no matter who is driving the car at the time of breakdown the breakdown will be covered. Provided that they are legally allowed to drive the vehicle.