Emergency home insurance cover could safeguard you from emergencies such as:
- Burst or blocked drains and pipes
- Flooding or uncontrollable water damage to heating and water systems
- Pest invasion (e.g. wasp nests)
- Broken locks or windows that result in the property becoming insecure
- Fire damage or theft, where emergency repair is required
Most policies will NOT cover:
- Anything that has been installed or fitted by an unskilled work man, unless it occurred before your residence at the property commenced
- Any damage that you already knew about
- Any damage that was deliberately caused by you or another member of the house
Some companies will only offer emergency home insurance cover to existing policyholders with buildings and contents insurance, or you can sometimes add it as an additional extra, for an additional premium.
It is important to check your existing buildings and contents insurance policy, as you may already have adequate protection without emergency home insurance cover. If you feel that your existing policy does not fulfil your needs, then you could compare the quotes through our service.