While the price comparison websites can offer you information on the majority of the market players, there are certain providers who do not allow themselves to be featured in these websites. This means that consumers may miss the best deals.
We have decided to provide consumers with a quick and simple way of rating home insurance policies:
Consumers may want to compare different buildings insurance policies along the following lines:
- What provisions the policy makes for emergency repairs, such as a 24 hour emergency phone line and quick access to builders or other tradesmen.
- The minimum level of excess that is required and whether this can be voluntarily increased to reduce premiums.
Does the policy allow for the cost of alternative accommodation should a property become temporarily uninhabitable?
Points to consider when rating home insurance policies or quotes against one another include:
- Are there any limits to the amount of single items or valuables that can be insured?
- Are the possessions covered outside the home?
- What is the extent of the accidental damage cover provided?
- Is there assistance if keys are lost or stolen?
- Does the policy provide for legal expenses cover if it is needed?