Leading Broadband Deals »
The best broadband deals depend on a number of factors:
- Speed – How fast is the connection speed? 0.5Mb/s (512k/s) is sufficient for most people’s need, but for those who want faster connections speeds can reach as high as 22Mb/s from some providers.
- Contention ratio – How many people will be sharing the connection with you? Contention ratios usually range from between 20:1 to 50:1, with the lower the better. Speeds and latency, with latency important for those who want to game online, are affected the more people share a connection.
- Reliability – How reliable is the connection you’re going to be using? It’s no good having the fastest connection in the world if it never works, or offers inconsistent speeds.
- Bandwidth limits – Does the provider cut you off or charge you if you use the Internet more than it thinks you should? Ideally, customers are advised to find deals without bandwidth limits imposed.
- Customer service – How good is the provider’s customer service? A good provider responds quickly if problems occur, and provides support and help in the case of billing mistakes or queries.
- Cost – The bottom line. The best broadband deal is not always determined by cost, but it’s an important factor to bear in mind.
Compare Broadband Deals using our broadband comparison service, with products from leading broadband suppliers in every region of the country.