Why Take out Home Insurance?
It’s impossible to anticipate an emergency situation and so people are rarely financially prepared for when their home is subject to an accident, adverse weather damage, a fire or theft. However, these things do happen, building repairs are expensive and with most properties holding approximately £25,000 of contents, home insurance is a good way to be ready for the worst.
Home Insurance is generally separated in to buildings and content cover. You can normally purchase these policies together as one joint cover plan from most providers or you can purchase them separately. HSBC offers the option to purchase them together or as a joint policy.
HSBC Home Insurance Review
- 25% off for new customers when you buy HSBC Home Insurance
- Peace of mind as they claim to pay 95% of all insurance claims
- Flexibility to select from our wide range of optional covers so you can tailor your policy to suit your needs
- UK-based Home Insurance claims team 24/7 You’re able to select either buildings or contents insurance or a joint policy. Buildings only insurance Features:
- Unlimited buildings cover
- If there is water damage from a leaking pipe they will find the source and make repairs
- If damage has meant you can't live in your home, they will find you and your pets alternative accommodation Contents only insurance Features:
- Up to £50,000 cover for the contents within your home
- Accidental damage cover to your home entertainment equipment Building & contents This includes the cover mentioned above as well as:
- New for old, items are replaced as new
- Lock replacement, if your keys are lost or stolen, your cover can pay for new locks Optional extras:
Home Emergency Cover
HSBC home emergency cover provides you with help when there are emergencies at your property. Features:
- Up to £1,000 for labour, parts and materials per incident
- Hotel accommodation costs up to £1,000 if your home is uninhabitable
- No excess to pay
- £500 boiler contribution for boilers declared beyond economical repair
There is also:
An extra accidental damage buildings policy which covers: putting a foot through your ceiling, hammering a nail through a pipe, damaging wood or tiled flooring. An extra accidental damage contents policy which covers: ornaments, glasses, spilt drinks, spilt paint.
Legal Service Cover
- A lawyer and up to £50,000 of legal costs to pursue or defend a wide range of disputes including: personal injury, employment, property, medical negligence, consumer issues You can also purchase extra cover for:
- Your pedal cycles, up to £2,500 towards theft and damage
- Clerical business equipment, up to £5000 if you work from home, £500 for stock and samples used in connection with your employment and up to £300 for money belonging to your business credit cards
- Personal belongings, anywhere in the world.
The HSBC home insurance provides a well-rounded insurance service with useful add-ons. The 25% off incentive for new companies makes it an attractive offer as well as the water damage service which means they will locate any leaks in your home and make repairs, this isn’t always included as standard.