If you are living or working abroad for a substantial amount of time, months or even years, you may want to opt for international health insurance to protect yourself. There are a range of international health insurance polices on the market, offering varying levels of cover for individuals, families, groups and companies.
If you take out an international health insurance policy, you could expect it to include:
- Access to medical facilities worldwide
- Emergency transport
- In-patient, day-patient and out-patient care
- Oncology, CT, PET and MRI scans
- Emergency dental treatment
- Pregnancy and childbirth care
- Treatment for HIV/AIDS
- Cancer treatment
If you do want to take out an international health insurance policy, make sure you shop around to find the best deal – one that suits both your circumstances and your budget.