Compare Broadband Deals »
There is a selection of Internet Service Providers (ISPs) available in the UK, offering both broadband and dial-up options to customers. Internet service providers may only service a limited area, but many aim to provide national coverage.
Broadband is almost universally available now in the UK and, following the unbundling of the local loop, a considerable number of internet service providers have moved in to expand the market. Some internet service providers also provide other products, such as telephone deals, and may offer package deals that bundle several services into one contract. As a result, customers can face a great deal of choice when selecting a service provider for their needs.
Dial-up packages offer:
- Internet access via traditional phone line, through a modem.
- Full national coverage.
Broadband packages offer:
- Typical internet access speed of 1 Mb/s (twenty times the speed of dial-up) or greater.
- Provided alongside phone lines, through cable services or via satellite.
- Near-total national coverage.
- Compatibility with newer entertainment software such as online games, many of which no longer support dial-up modems.
You can compare internet service provider deals using this site to help find the best prices and packages for your area.