The opportunity for 22% growth even if the FTSE falls up to 50%
If the FTSE had fallen up to 50% in 5 years time, and yet you still achieved 22% growth plus a return of your initial capital, would that be considered a good investment?
The Defensive Growth Plan from Investec offers a fixed return of 22%, provided the FTSE 100 Index at the end of the term is at least half its value at the start of the plan (subject to averaging). Therefore the FTSE can fall up to 50% and you still receive a growth return on your investment.
However, if the FTSE falls by more than 50%, no growth will be achieved and your initial capital will be reduced by 1% for each 1% fall, so you could lose some or all of your initial investment.
The FTSE recently reached its highest level ever and when the FTSE is high, this type of plan could be appealing for investors who wish to take a defensive view of what might happen in the medium term.
- Potential Return: 22% if the FTSE finishes above 50% of its initial level
- Capital At Risk Product*
- Investment term - 5 Years
- Arrangement fee applies
- Minimum single investment - £3,000
- Maximum ISA investment - £20,000
- ISA transfers accepted
- Maximum investment - £1,000,000
- The Plan is available for Stocks & Shares ISA, ISA Transfer, Direct Investment, as well as SIPP and SSAS pension investments. It is also available to businesses, charities and trusts.
- Investment deadline ISA transfers: 5 May 2017
- Investment deadline for direct and ISA applications: 26 May 2017
*The return of your initial investment depends on the performance of the FTSE 100 Index and the ability of the Investec Bank PLC to repay your money.
Reduced arrangement fee: For investments of £100,000 or more into this plan, processed through Fair Investment Company, your arrangement fee will be reduced to 2% of your original investment.