You may find that the cost of motorbike insurance quote for modified bikes is a lot higher than for standard motorbike cover. There are several reasons why modified motorbike insurance is usually more expensive:
- Customisations to your vehicle can make it a more attractive prospect for theft and vandalism.
- A motorbike that has been modified to increase power and speed means that it may now present more of a risk on the road.
- Some modifications increase the value of your motorbike.
- Some modifications can very expensive to replace and repair.
If you make any changes or modification to your motorbike once you have purchased an insurance policy, you must continue to update your insurer on these. Bear in mind that if you fail to disclose any customisations you've made, you will be in breach of your policy and could be denied further cover.
There are a few things to try that could help you to keep down the cost of your motorbike insurance as far as possible:
- Use high quality security devices to ensure your motorbike is protected.
- Keep your mileage low - less time riding your motorbike means that you are less likely to have an accident.
- Shop around online and compare a few different quotes.