Whether a landlord has one buy to let or multiple properties landlord insurance can be a good idea. Nationwide landlord insurance underwritten by London Victoria is not currently available. However there are many other providers who you may be able to get a policy with. You can use the comparison tables below to compare other leading deals, online discounts and other features to try to find the right cover for you, at the best price:
When Nationwide landlord insurance, underwritten by LV was available it featured:
- Discounts for those with low claims or multiple premises
- Legal expenses cover as standard
- A host of potential policy additions to choose from
- Owner's liability cover
- Legal expenses cover
- Access to a 24 hour legal helpline
Some of the potential policy additions that were available:
- Accidental damage cover on both buildings and contents
- Subsidence cover
- Terrorism cover
As Nationwide landlord insurance is not currently available you may wish to look for policies from other providers with similar features. There is a huge amount of variety in the Landlord insurance market so doing your research and shopping around beforehand could really help you to find the right plan for you.
When looking for a policy think about what concerns you have and features you would like to find a level of cover that you feel comfortable with and that fits your needs.
Types of landlord cover include:
- Landlord Building Insurance – the minimum level of landlord insurance usually, this covers this provides structural cover and as well as the cost it would take to clear the land and rebuild the property if it was destroyed by an accident covered by your policy.
- Landlord contents insurance – If you rent a property as furnished then this will cover accidental damage to the furniture, carpets and furnishings you provided.
- Landlord Liability Insurance – This cover can assist you with legal costs if a tenant enters into litigation with you.
- Loss of Rent cover – if an accident occurs that means you cannot rent out a property for a period of time this insurance could cover you for the loss of rent. It may also cover the cost of alternative housing for your tenants while the property is uninhabitable.
- Landlord Emergency cover – in the event of emergency like a gas leak, this cover can help you to get a qualified tradesman to secure the building as soon as possible.