Natwest have options both for the letting out of residential properties and commercial properties.
NatWest landlord insurance features
- Boiler breakdown cover
- Dedicated UK claims handler
- buildings cover
- Accidental damage cover
Optional cover includes
- Theft by tenant cover
- Subsidence cover
- Malicious damage cover
- Loss of rent cover
- Contents cover
When looking into taking out a landlord insurance policy you should think about what level of cover you feel fits your specific circumstances and you are comfortable with. Different policies may have different features, the landlord insurance market is very diverse and there are usually different optional extras you may wish to consider. You can use the comparison tables above to see what several different insurers may be able to offer you.
Types of Landlords insurance
- Landlords Building Insurance - This is usually the most minimal type of landlord insurance cover, it just covers the structural cost of the building as well as the cost to clear and rebuild the property if an insured event happened that resulted in its destruction.
- Landlord Content insurance - If you rent a property as furnished then this policy will cover the contents of the property you provided such as carpets, furniture and furnishings however it will not cover items that belong to the tenants.
- Landlord Liability Insurance - If for a reason such as a personal injury claim a tenant decides to go into litigation with you this policy may help you pay for the legal costs involved.
- Loss of Rent cover - If an insured accident occurs which causes damage to or destroys your and it cannot be let out for a period of time this kind of cover may reimburse you the loss of rent you incurred.
- Landlord Emergency cover - Issues like break-ins, gas leaks and burst pipes need immediate attention. This type of cover can help you get a skilled tradesman to the property quickly to make it safe and secure, 365 days of the year following an insured emergency.