Norwich Union breakdown cover
Norwich Union breakdown cover is not currently available by that name as they have been rebranded as Aviva, as such you can take out Aviva breakdown cover.
Aviva breakdown cover
You can purchase breakdown cover from Aviva at different levels, so you can tailor how comprehensive your cover is. Depending on which price band you choose your cover features may include:
- Aviva breakdown insurance is backed by the RAC.
- Get £5 off when you buy cover online (terms and conditions apply)
- Fast response roadside assistance – aim is to get to you within 60 minutes.
- Repair of vehicles on average within 40 minutes at the roadside.
- Priority attention to anyone in a vulnerable situation.
- A range of cover option - from roadside assistance to European car breakdown cover. You can also choose whether to cover your vehicle, yourself, or you and someone else, depending on what you need.
- Rated 5 stars for quality of cover by independent financial researcher Defaqto.
- Apply for both Aviva car insurance and breakdown cover at the same time.
- Recovery in the event of driver illness
- Recovery to any destination
- Onward travel
If you are currently looking for a breakdown cover policy then shopping around before you take out a policy is a good idea. There are a wide variety cover providers so by comparing the market you can try to find the best plan for your specific requirements. You will find that many providers give you both a choice of personal or vehicle policies, as well as of level of cover, so you may want to decide first which type and level of cover would be best for you:
Personal or vehicle cover
- Vehicle cover – If you choose a vehicle cover plan you nominate one vehicle to be covered for breakdowns, this means no matter who drives the car at the time it breaks down your policy will cover it, so long as the driver is legally allowed to drive it.
- Personal cover – a personal cover plan however works on the actual policy holder, so they are insured against breakdowns in any car that they drive, and with some policies vehicles that they are a passenger of. Some insurers may place restrictions on this however such as limiting it to cars below a certain age limit or not covering vehicles over a certain weight. Personal cover with some providers can be taken out for multiple individuals who live at the same address.