Features of Aviva car insurance include:
- 5 Star car insurance from £198 – 10% paid this for standard cover*
- Up to 20% online discount**
- Named driver discount – Named drivers who remain claim free can earn a named driver discount, to use in the future, if they take out their own Aviva motor insurance policy^.
- Uninsured driver promise - If you’re hit by an uninsured driver and it wasn’t your fault, your no claim discount won’t be lost and we’ll refund any excess you’ve had to pay^^.
- Not on price comparison sites.
With Norwich Union Car Insurance (now from Aviva) you can choose from three different types of cover, each with their own features, costs and benefits, which means you can choose the right level of car cover to suit you. The three types of car insurance available from AVIVA include:
- Comprehensive Cover - This type of car insurance covers you and your vehicle for any accident, whether it was your fault or not.
- Third Party Fire and Theft - This type of car insurance covers you and your vehicle if it is stolen or damaged by fire. It also covers you for damages to the other person and their car if you are involved in an accident and it is your fault.
- Third Party Only - This type of car insurance covers you for damage to other people’s property and well as providing compensation for death or injuries caused by an accident that was your fault. It also covers you for damage and injury caused by your passengers.
*10% of customers buying comprehensive car insurance from January to June 2013 paid this price or less for standard cover (excluding optional extras). The premium you pay depends on individual circumstances, cover chosen and payment method. The Defaqto 5 Star Rating gives you independent expert reassurance about the quality of cover provided as well as options to tailor your cover.
***Discount depends on individual circumstances and does not apply to optional extras. Minimum premium applies.
^Discount available on Aviva policy taken out by named driver and will be converted to one year’s no claim discount after one year's claim free driving.
^^You will need to provide details of the other vehicle and driver.