Many companies offering home insurance for over 60s will offer individual buildings or contents cover polices as well as the chance to combine the two into one all encompassing home insurance policy.
The cover included in home insurance polices for over 60s will differ from one provider to another, but there will be a number of essential questions to ask:
The detail of this will depend on the age and quality of building you live in, but also:
- Whether there is a risk of subsidence
- Is the local area prone to large storms or flooding?
- What kind of material the building constructed out of
- Whether burglary or vandalism is prevalent in the area
- Other important things to remember are:
- Check whether the policy only gives the market value of the property
- Does the policy cover permanent fixtures?
- Does the amount of cover equal the cost of rebuilding the home and finding alternative accommodation?
There are also a number of points to consider regarding cover for possessions contained with a home insurance for over 60s policy:
- Do you want ‘new for old’ or indemnity cover?
- Does the limit of the cover match the estimated cost of all of your possessions?
- Do you want the policy extended to cover the contents f your garden?
Compare quotes online to save you time and money in finding the right over 60s home insurance policy to suit your requirements.