There are numerous reasons as to why pet insurance is so important for your parrot. A standard pet insurance policy for a parrot may cover the following:
- Vet fees – as parrots live for such a long time, it is important that you are financially able to support your parrot throughout its lifetime
- Public liability – If a third party claims for compensation against you and your parrot, your insurer may be able to fund the compensation payout.
- Personal accident – If you suffer an accident due to your parrot, your insurer may be able to cover the cost of compensation.
- Theft – parrots are often very valuable and a suitable policy could be used to cover the cost of a reward for its return
- Loss – If for whatever reason you lose your parrot, your insurance may cover the cost of buying a replacement.
In addition to the above insurance coverage, it is also possible to purchase pet insurance for equipment such as bird rooms and aviaries. There are many insurers who may offer insurance policies that are tailored to suit your individual needs and as such, it is worth shopping around and researching different offers.