This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy. Read more

Portman ISA

What happened to Portman ISAs?

If you used to have a Portman ISA, Nationwide will be taking care of it for you now because Portman merged with Nationwide in 2007.

Check out our top pick ISA deals in the table below to compare to what a Portman ISA used to provide:

A Portman ISA (Individual Savings Account) will now be a Nationwide ISA, but what they offer remains similar. There are two main types of Nationwide ISA, just like the Portman ISA:
  • Cash ISAs - Save up to £20,000 with the safety of cash
  • Stocks and shares ISAs - Take a gamble on the stock market by investing up to £20,000 

So, if you are trying to find out what to do with your Portman ISA, compare a number of top pick ISA deals by clicking on this link to get to our free comparison table:

 Important Risk Information:

This website contains information only and does not constitute advice or a personal recommendation in any way whatsoever. The value of investments and income from them can fall as well as rise and you may not get back the full amount invested.

Investments in Stocks & Shares ISAs do not contain the same degree of capital security as investments in deposits. Stocks and shares ISAs are designed as medium to long term investments of, for example, five years or more. The tax efficiency of ISAs is based on current tax law and there is no guarantee that tax rules will stay the same in the future.

Different types of investment carry different levels of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. Please ensure that you read the Important Risk Information for further details. Prior to making any decision to invest, you should ensure that you are familiar with the risks associated with a particular investment and should read the product literature. If you are in any doubt as to the suitability of a particular investment, both in respect of its objectives and its risk profile, you should seek independent financial advice.