Structured investment products offer a number of advantages, which could meet your investment needs if:
- You want some or all of your original capital protected
- You want to generate income or growth
- You want a broad range of plans to choose from
- You don't foresee needing access to your money during the term (often 5-6 years)
But, structured products might not suit your investment plans if:
- You might want instant access to your cash
- You don't want your returns linked to potential volatile stockmarkets
- You would like to make regular payments into the investment
- You want guaranteed returns on your investment
If you think that structured investment products are right for you, see the different rates of return available from a number of structured investment products using our simple online comparison service and apply for the one that best suits your investment requirements.
The safety of your original capital depends on the ability of the counterparty (the institution providing the underlying assets, rather than the product provider) to repay your investment at the end of the term. You can assess the strength of a counterparty, and therefore the relative risk to your investment, by comparing their credit rating score, from AAA to D, using a credit rating agency such as Standard & Poor's (www.standardandpoors.com) or Fitch (www.fitchratings.com).