Choosing private hire taxi insurance
As with all insurance, it’s best to research different private taxi insurance quotes before buying to ensure that you know what is provided before you buy. Finding good value private hire taxi insurance can help to keep the cost down of running your business. Use the tables below and you could find private hire taxi insurance that offers:
- Flexible payment options
- Specialist insurance options to suit you, whether you own a fleet or just one vehicle
- Taxi breakdown cover and 24 hour taxi accident recovery services
- Medical expenses for injury caused in an accident
- Public Liability Insurance – essential protection as you are providing a service to members of the public
- Legal expenses cover - If you get into an accident in your taxi and it’s not your fault, you will want to claim back your excess and other costs, for example vehicle hire, from the negligent driver. Most importantly, the recovery of these costs will maintain your no-claims bonus.
- Vehicle Replacement service – some providers may offer new for old cover on taxis less than 12 months old
- Cover for items carried in the taxi
- Unlimited passenger liability cover to make sure that everyone is protected if your taxi becomes involved in an accident.
- Short or long-term policies to suit your needs
- Taxi windscreen repair or replacement