Is Privilege home insurance right for you?
Privilege offer three main types of home insurance designed to protect your home against damage to the property itself or to the contents within it.
Your options are:
- Buildings cover
- Contents cover
- Joint buildings and contents cover
Which type of insurance you need will largely depend on your living arrangements. If you own your own home, you will normally need to get both buildings and contents insurance, with buildings insurance being a requirement for most mortgages.
Those who are renting will only need to worry about contents insurance as your landlord will cover the building, whereas landlords will only need buildings insurance as tenants are responsible for protecting their own belongings.
Choosing Privilege home insurance
Privilege offer two levels of home insurance: Privilege Standard Home Insurance
and Privilege Platinum Home Insurance
. They also offer a range of optional extra types of cover so you can build a comprehensive home insurance policy that matches your exact requirements.
Privilege Standard Home Insurance
This is most suitable for smaller households that don’t require a high level of cover.
- Buildings cover up to £1,000,000
- Alternative Accommodation cover if you can’t live in your home
- Accidental damage cover for cables, underground pipes and drains
- Up to £5000 to find and access the source of water and oil leaks in your property
- You can choose to cover the contents of your home, garage and shed for up to £100,000
- Replacement locks for lost or stolen keys
- Up to £1000 cover for the contents of your garden
- Unlimited frozen food cover
Privilege Platinum Home Insurance
This cover is perfect for larger households or households that have more or more expensive belongings. Additional benefits are also included within this policy.
- Unlimited buildings cover which takes care of the cost of rebuilding your home and any outbuildings
- Accidental Damage cover for your home is included
- Matching set cover, they will replace the suite that has been damaged
- Alternative accommodations cover if your home is made inhabitable
- Up to £10,000 to find and source a water or oil leak
- Contents insurance will cover up to £1000,000 for contents in the home, garage or shed
- New for old cover, your damaged items will be replaced new
- Business equipment is covered up to £1000
- Contents cover is increased by 10% for special events such as Christmas or weddings
- Digital cover for downloaded items like films and music, up to £000
- Replacement locks if your keys are lost or stolen
- Cash is covered up to £1000
- Contents in your garden are covered up to £2,500
- Unlimited frozen food cover
Tailor your policy to your unique needs by choosing from the following optional add-ons:
- Personal Possessions cover for valuable up to £4000, money up to £1000 and bicycles up to £100. They will cover you anywhere in the UK and abroad for 60 days
- Accidental damage cover, covers any accidents around the home
- Home emergency cover, access to 24 hour emergency repairs. They will cover the costs for labour, all out and parts up to £500
- Family Legal Protection, this includes access to a helpline 24 hours a day. You will be covered for up to £100,000 in legal costs