Compare remortgage deals
People remortgage for a range or different reasons, including:
- To get a better rate and lower their monthly repayments
- To purchase a second property
- To consolidate debts
But whatever your reason, with so much choice, it is difficult to know whether you are getting a good deal or not. Our free service compares the rates and details of leading deals so that you can see which is going to be the most competitive overall, taking into account fees and introductory offers. Get free quotes and advice to find the best deal.
Remortgaging, in simple terms, means that you are looking for a new mortgage for your property. If you have reached the end of your present mortgage policy, it may be a good idea to get some remortgage advice, and to thoroughly compare mortgage deals before making your decision.
Remortgaging your property can also provide several other useful benefits, such as:
- Paying off the loan earlier.
- Releasing capital as a means of paying for home improvements etc.
Our remortgage advice to you is that firstly, it is important to think about the different types of rate mortgage product that are available to you. For example:
- A fixed rate mortgage rate, as suggested, is a fixed sum of money that you pay monthly. You will pay part of the loan back as well as a base rate set by the bank of England or LIBOR (London Interbank Offered Rate). Many choose this as an option due to the security it provides as the monthly repayments are always the same.
- A tracker rate mortgage has a rate that tracks the bank of England base rate as it moves up or down. Although you could end up paying less, it is seen as a riskier option due to the unpredictability of the interest rates.
If you are looking for further remortgage advice, it may be a good idea to speak to a mortgage adviser or a broker who could help you to find some of the best mortgage deals available.
Comparing mortgage deals is a great way of finding information on the best offers that are available. Use our mortgage comparison table above to see if you can find a good deal of you mortgage policy.