Find top 60% LTV remortgage deals
If you are looking for a remortgage deal with a relatively low loan-to-value (LTV) such as a 60% LTV remortgage, this can mean that you have more options that those who have less equity in the property.
Homeowners who want to remortgage at 60% LTV are often seen as a relatively low risk by mortgage lenders, which can mean a wider choice of remortgage products and the chance to access some of the better rates available.
Choosing a 60% LTV remortgage
It pays to search the market to ensure that you get the best 60% LTV remortgage deal for you. As well as the rate on offer, you will also need to consider the following factors when looking for remortgage rates at 60% LTV:
- Level of flexibility
- Extra costs such as legal fees
- Total cost of monthly repayments
- Any penalty charges that you may incur when switching mortgage providers
If you have 30% equity in your property and are looking to remortgage, you should check the criteria applied buy the lender. When considering a remortgage application, mortgage lenders will look at factors such as:
- How much existing equity do you have? - With 30% equity, your choice of 60% LTV remortgage deals may be fairly varied in comparison to that of someone with lower equity.
- How stable and secure is your source of income?
- Do you have any outstanding debts?
- Do you have any marks on your credit file?
The sheer volume of remortgage products available can make it difficult to keep track of the best deals - using our FREE online remortgage calculator, you can compare the whole of the UK remortgage market in an instant. Use the comparison tool above to compare a selection of 60% LTV remortgage offers with over 5,000 market leading deals.