Benefits of Sainsbury's pet insurance include:
- Three levels of cover available – Standard, Premier or Premier Plus
- Get a 20% online discount when you buy Sainsbury’s pet cover over the internet
- Nectar Card holders get an additional 5% online discount (on providing a valid Nectar card number)
- Get double Nectar Points for two years when you take out a Premier or Premier Plus pet insurance policy
- Spread the cost of your pet insurance – you can opt to pay for your Sainsbury’s pet insurance by monthly Direct Debit, at no additional charge
- Online claims tracking – making it easy to keep an eye on the progress of your claim
- Get medical fees paid directly to your vet
- Cover for cats and dogs from 8 weeks to 9 years
- Multi-pet discounts are available (cats and dogs only)
- Cover available for vet fees, treatment aboard, alternative therapies, physiotherapy and behavioural issues (terms and conditions apply)
Additional cover options available from Sainsbury’s Pet Insurance include:
- Pet loss cover – if you choose this optional policy extra you will receive a payout in the event of your pet dying from illness or injury. You will also receive up to £100 towards the cost of cremation.
- Safe return cover – if you choose this option,you will be covered for theft or straying of your pet, as well as for advertising and rewards. With Sainsbury’s Safe Return pet insurance, you will also be covered in the event that your pet needs to go into emergency boarding if you are hospitalized.
- Holiday cover – this pet insurance option covers you and your pet for trip cancellation, vet fees abroad and quarantine costs
Sainsbury’s Pet Insurance is provided by Allianz InsurancePLC.