Short term motor insurance can be really useful because you may need to drive an additional vehicle for a short period of time, either because your main vehicle getting repaired or you need to borrow another vehicle for a specific reason, for example.
Short term motor insurance can offer:
- Immediate cover
- Emergency cover
- Temporary cover
- No need to get permanent cover
There are certain times when short term insurance can be helpful:
- If you have children who are just starting to learn how to drive. Car insurance premiums for young driver are usually very expensive, with short motor insurance you can help them to learn how to drive in your car without the large prices.
- If you want to drive another person’s car or have another person drive your car
- If you are making a big journey to somewhere, you may wish to share the driving. Also, if you are planning to travel abroad you may wish to purchase short motor insurance
- If you are going to test drive a car.
- You may need to temporarily use an extra vehicle (e.g. if you need to hire a larger vehicle to move luggage etc.)
There are many short motor insurance policies that could be suitable for your personal requirements. The only way to make sure you find the best deal is to look at a few different contents insurance quotes from companies such as the ones we have sourced.