Simple landlord insurance may be able to offer you:
- Landlord building insurance from £75,000 to £2million – pay for the level of cover you want and protect against risks including floods, fire and storms.
- Alternative Accommodation cover
- Loss of rent cover
- Landlord liability insurance up £2million
- Landlord contents insurance
- Free accidental damage cover on buildings with certain types of tenants
- Legal and professional fees cover
- Home emergency cover
- Choice of payment options
Simple Landlord Insurance can cover:
- Flats in a purpose built block or converted houses
Not all insurers will accept applications from landlords who rent to certain types of tenants, Simple Landlord insurance will ensure the following tenant types:
- Professional and working tenants
- Retired tenants
- Student tenants
- DSS tenants
- Housing association tenants
- Asylum Seeker tenants
Simple Landlord Insurance may also be able to provide you with other services such as tenant referencing and offers a full online solution. You can get a quote, apply, and manage your policy online, 24 hours a day.
Within the landlord insurance market there is a diverse range of products, so before you decide on a policy you may want to shop around beforehand to see what different providers can offer you.You can use the above comparison tables to look at policies from several different providers.
Types of landlord insurance
- Landlord Building Insurance – the minimum level of landlord insurance usually offered by an insurer, just providing structural cover and rebuild costs.
- Landlord contents insurance – if you rent a property as furnished the items you provide such as the carpets, sofa and TV will be covered by this policy.
- Landlord Liability Insurance – This cover can assist you with legal costs if a tenant enters into litigation with you.
- Loss of Rent cover – if an accident occurs that means you cannot rent out a property for a period of time this insurance could cover you for the loss of rent.
- Landlord Emergency cover – in the event of emergency like a gas leak, this cover can help you to get a qualified tradesman to secure the building.