There are two Stroud and Swindon Building Society children's savings accounts to choose from – an instant access account and a fixed bond. The former is available to children up to the age of 18, while the latter is available to those between two and 16.
If you are interested in opening a flexible savings account for your child, it might be worth considering the Moneybox Savings Account, which offers:
- Instant access to funds with no penalties
- Opening investment of just £1
- Annual interest payments based on daily calculation
- Option to support either Forest Green FC, Bath Rugby Community Foundation
However, if you prefer to keep your child's money more securely tucked away, it may be worth opening a Children's bond. This type of Stroud and Swindon Building Society children's savings account will enable you to:
- Enjoy a high rate of interest
- Top up the account to a maximum of £100,000
- Withdraw cash instantly subject to 90 days' lost interest
- See savings rise until the account matures on May 16, 2012
You can give your child a leg up in life by setting some money aside for them, even if it is just a small amount, with a Stroud and Swindon Building Society children's savings account.