Why take out Home Insurance?
Emergency situations are impossible to prepare for, consequently, people are rarely financially prepared for when their home is subject to an accident, adverse weather damage, a fire, or theft. However, these things do happen, building repairs are expensive and with most properties holding approximately £25,000 of contents, home insurance is the most sensible way to be ready for the worst.
Things to Consider
Here are a few things to consider when looking for an insurance policy to suit you.
- Is your property specialist? If you own a listed building or if your property has an unusual feature such as a thatched roof, you may need specialist cover.
- Do you need buildings and content cover? While it’s generally advised that you take out both, it does depend on your individual circumstances. Insurance providers often provide individual policies as well as joint policies.
- Does the policy provide enough cover? All policies have their limits so you need to make sure that your home is covered for the rebuild value rather than the market value. It’s also worth costing your contents to make sure your chosen policy will be enough to cover it all.
Is Swiftcover home insurance right for you?
With swiftcover.com buying your cover online means it’s quick and easy to protect your home. Your online policy wording and schedule includes what you have and have not bought so there's no confusion about the cover you have or what you are paying for.
Swiftcover offer the following helpful features as standard with all of their policies:
- Get a simple, fast quote
- Manage your policy online 24/7
- Choose cover options to suit your needs