Is Swinton home insurance right for you?
Swinton Insurance offer both buildings and contents cover for homeowners, renters and landlords. They also offer a number of optional extra types of cover to help you build a personalised home insurance policy that perfectly fits your needs.
Choosing a Swinton home insurance policy
Swinton offer flexible cover for your home and its contents. They offer policies at two levels: the affordable Swinton Classic cover and the more comprehensive Swinton Premier cover. Which offers the best deal for you will depend on your requirements and personal circumstances.
Swinton home insurance offers a variety of features as standard:
- Lock and key cover, up to £1000
- Freezer contents cover, up to £1000
- Garage and outbuildings cover
- New for Old replacement
- Non-portable home entertainment items covered against accidental damage
- 12 month guarantee on work carried about insurer approved contractors
- Download digital information
Swinton Classic cover
With Swinton Classic cover you can benefit from:
- Alternative accommodation cover (Buildings) up to £35,000 (Contents) up to £10,000
- Theft from outbuildings covered up to £2,500
- Office equipment protected up to £5,000
- Legal Protection can be added as an extra option
Swinton Premier cover
Swinton Premier policy-holders can take advantage of:
- Alternative accommodation cover (Buildings) up to £75,000 (Contents) up to £20,000
- Theft from outbuildings covered up to £5,000
- Office equipment protected up to £10,000
- Garden Cover up to £2,500
- Legal protection, up to £100,000
- Matching sets cover, the whole set will be placed if the damage item can’t be
- Student accommodation, your family’s items protected in their accommodation up to £5,000
- Cover for your shopping while you’re taking it home
- A 10% increase on your contents one month before and after
You can also add the options below onto Swinton Classic and Premier cover:
Extended Accidental Damage
This provides you with even more cover against accident at home, including damage to your tablets, laptops and mobile phones.
Personal Possessions Cover
Provides you with cover for theft, loss or damage to your valuables and gadgets wherever you are in the world.
Home Emergency Cover
Covering you for a wide range of emergencies that can occur at home.
Details you will need when applying for Home Insurance
Being prepared for applying for home insurance can speed up the whole process. Your answers could affect your policy options as listed buildings and buildings with special feature such as thatched roofs may not be covered by a standard policy.
Below are some examples of the information you will need to hand when applying.
- The age of the property
- Whether or not it’s a listed building
- The type of property. For example, a bungalow, town house, maisonette or semi-detached house etc.
- Whether you’re renting or own the property
- Whether the property is used for business?
- Who is living there, whether it’s just you and your family, or anyone else?